Wednesday 6 February 2013

Dots & Spots

My most prized kitchen possession is my Emma Bridgewater teapot, I love it! My teapot happens to be spotty, there he is below, isn't he a beauty!!?

Spots can have such an impact, they're so simple and are such a great starting point for experimenting with pattern, dimensions and colour. So many designers and brands use spots, yet their designs look so different. I have picked out some of my favourite spotty patterns below.


Emma Bridgewater teapot

Emma Bridgewater full spots mug



Cath Kidston spot overnight bag 


Cath Kidston dotty glass tumbler

Laura Ashley ceramic pie dish


Gisela Graham ceramic drawer knob

Hunkydory lightshade


And here is something you can create yourself - decorate a mug with a krylo paint gold leafing pen at 350 degrees in the oven for 30 minutes, allow to cool in the oven. 


Click on the below links if you want more info on the above brands:




No comments:

Post a Comment